I thought by the time I was this age I would finally have it all figured out. By “it” I mean “Life”. “How to do it.” The “Big Questions” finally answered. But no.
I thought that by this age:
- I’d be financially set. Wrong!
- I’d still be married. Wrong!
- I’d have lots of really good friends. Wrong!
- I’d have work that was deeply satisfying and made a difference. Wrong!
- I’d be surrounded by happy family. Wrong!
- I’d have put down roots and be well known and respected in my community. Wrong!
- All my questions about life, God, love, happiness, success would be mostly answered. Wrong!
- I would no longer feel like I was making it up every single day. Wrong!
Literally nothing in my life has worked out the way I imagined. Nothing. Not one blessed thing. And life just keeps throwing me curve balls at me. And I keep swinging and missing.
Apparently, I’m not doing something right.
I wonder what it is.